Error 30089-4

I am unable to access any of my microsoft programs (word, powerpoint, excel), and it keeps saying "Sorry we ran into a problem" and showing "Error 30089-4". I bought the program a couple months ago online for my laptop and it was working just fine until today. I tried to access it via Programs to possibly uninstall it, but I wouldn't know how to re-install it? It now no longer acts like I have any microsoft products on my computer because it's only letting me open up a previous document in "WordPad only. Help!
Fixed it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Great, what did you do?
As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
so you’d think we’d be able to communicate quite well with people.
Prof. Doug Fisher

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please, what was the solution? I´m still with the same problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please, what was the solution? I´m still with the same problem.

Hi Artur,

I will help you to get rid of the error message.

Before we proceed with the troubleshooting steps, I would like to know the complete error message that you receive when you try to install Office 2013 suite.

You may repair Office 2013 suite following the steps from the link below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2827031/en-us

You may also follow the general troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2822317

Let us know the details and hope the steps from the article helps to install the Office 2013 suite.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Avarinda, I'm having the same problems and none of the solutions offered is solving it. 

I had been getting error messages when I tried to open MS files, but didn't pay a lot of attention (I was too busy to muck with it). 

Then I turned on my computer and it said it had tried to do automatic updates, but "something went wrong" and I got the error 30033-27, and found the instructions to uninstall.

The uninstall failed with 30089-4.

Then I found your thread here and tried the repair link you posted right here and found this:

Windows 7
  1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Programs and Features.
  2. Click your Microsoft Office program, and then click Change.
  3. Select Online Repair, and then click Repair.

But I got a message that it couldn't make a change while another one was in progress. 

This is freaking me out because I have everything on this machine and nothing Microsoft - powerpoint, word, excel - is working! 

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Got it fixed. I have a Windows 8.1 the files I was trying to open were accessing shortcuts that had become corrupt. Removed old shortcuts and went back and created new ones and is working fine now

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm using Windows 7 Professional, not Windows 8.  But thank you for the suggestion.  I'm hoping one of those Microsoft experts pipes in here.  I'm not the most technically astute users, although I can do and understand some of the basic stuff.  Really in a frikken jam over this, thought. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I would still try it if you  haven't already. It's not a Windows 8 issue I don't believe. I would remove desktop or task bar shortcuts and open the original files. Start search Office 2013 or which ever version you may have and try. I figured it out shortly after I posted error. The 2013 is version I have is web based (Streams online) or you could always uninstall and reinstall. Microsoft has online chat support also.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

See the Article “Why can’t I start my Office 2013 application at:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/why-cant-i-start-my-office-2013-application-HA104011864.aspx

If that does not help, then you might remove all traces of the Office installation by running the fixit from the following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

and then reinstall Office by logging into
www.office.com/myaccount with your registered email address and click Install Office.

Uninstalling and reinstalling Office will not remove the files that you have created from your computer.

Of course however, it is always prudent to make back-ups of important documents.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good god, I looked at the first link and it seems like it would take me an entire day to walk through all those steps (I'm not the most technical person so would have to read everything and these instructions usually assume you know more than you do so simple but critical steps are always left out), and then that might not even do it.  I might just buy a new computer instead, because it would probably cost me as much to hire someone to do it for me.  Maybe just use this computer for everything except all the office products, if that is possible. 

This is so frustrating because I didn't even do anything - one day Office just decided it wasn't going to work.  The entire Office suite!

Thank you anyway for your response. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 2, 2023 Views 3,102 Applies to: