Drop down menu in Word template works fine, but when I add the function to repeat the list I cannot write behind it anymore

Hi guys & sorry for the unclear title.

I use a very simple template to make a plan for every coming week. Now I wanted to add a drop-down menu to be able to select a day (Monday, Tuesday etc. just the word itself) after which I write down comments for that day. So what I'm trying to make would start like this:

<Choose from list> +     ("+" being add another drop-down menu below)

And after using it something like this:

Monday        [random notes]

Tuesday        [random notes]

Wednesday  [random notes]

I added the drop-down menu to my template, that works fine, but then when I use "Repeating Section Content Control" I am no longer able to write behind the drop-down menu to add my notes. Is there some way to circumvent this?

It sounds so simple and I'm not even sure if this is the right place to ask this, but any input would be greatly appreciated!

Answer
Answer

I suggest starting with a two-column x one-row table, with or without borders. Insert the dropdown list box content control in the left column, and leave the right column blank. Select the entire row and insert a repeating section content control.

Each time you click the + button of the repeat control, you'll get a new row in the table, with the list on the left and a place for your notes on the right.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 1,425 Applies to: