Delete button on bluetooth keyboard performs as backspace on

Hi - I suspect it is probably to do with the fact that the internal keyboard on the iPad doesn't have a normal delete button but a backspace instead. But when using my Anker Keyboard to work in word if I press delete it does backspace. I know it isn't the keyboard in itself as it is able to work with other iPad apps just fine. Does anyone else find this happens with a remote keyboard? It isn't a big issue but is a little bit frustrating. 

Hello,

Does the issue occurs only with Word or with other Office apps as well?

Try to connect a different keyboard to iPad and check how it works.

If you’re able to work with different keyboard, then it would be best if you can get in touch with keyboard manufacturer support.

For further queries, reply and we would be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi this issue occurs in word, excel and powerpoint. It doesn't however occur in any of the other apps (non Microsoft)  I use, therefore it must be an issue specifically connected to using Microsoft office. 

Surprisingly enough I don't have several Bluetooth keyboards lying around so am unable to try any other keyboard. I have however tested the keyboard in other apps (as described above) and on another laptop and other hardware with no issue. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 15, 2024 Views 2,185 Applies to: