Default save location reverts to Skydrive Documents rather than documents on PC folder

I have Office 2013 running on a Windows 8.1 system. I wish my default save location to be C:\Users\Mike\Documents and I have used the 'Options' settings to ensure that the Backstage is not shown and also the ensure that additional places for saving are not shown. I have ticked the option to say save to computer by default is selected and I have entered the path above into the default local file location. (see screenshot)

However, when I am working on a document and click save, the dialogue box takes me to this location C:\Users\Mike\SkyDrive\Documents

I have tried changing the location to other places  e.g. desktop and it works as it should. So it would appear that it is just a problem that affects the way that Office recognises the 'documents' part of the path.

Is this a particular problem to me? Is there any solution?
Answer
Answer
I started PC Settings, clicked on SkyDrive, then turned off the "Save documents to SkyDrive by default" option.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
I've managed to disable skydrive which has sorted it. I used these instructions: http://www.howtogeek.com/167058/how-to-disable-skydrive-integration-in-windows-8.1/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 11, 2023 Views 3,835 Applies to: