default document properties

Hi,

I would like to ask a couple of questions about setting default document properties. (1) I would like to set "subject" field to a default  value of MLSC 1115. Can I do this or do I have to edit that field every time I create a document? I know that some of this needs to be done by a registry edit, but I can't find "subject" in the registry. 

(2) what is the proper way to enter my degrees after my name in the author field? Everytime I try to do this it thinks I am trying to enter multiple authors. For example what if I wanted my name to appear as: Joe blow BSc, MSc, MD ?

Thanks. Tom

Open the template from which you create the documents and set the Subject Property of the template to MLSC 1115.  Then save the template.  Then all documents that you create from that template will have MLSC 1115 as the value of the Subject Property.

Where are you trying to enter your degrees?  Do it by clicking on File>Options>General and add them to your name in the User name control under the heading Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 324 Applies to: