Czech letter on the beginning of the word not gonna write

Hello,

my client have MS Word destop application (installed via Office 365 SM).

When I writing some word with the czech specific first letter (like "Č", "Š", etc.), this letter will not be viewed on screen.

I write this czech specific letter like combination SHIFT+"=" (on EN keyboad --> on CZ keyboard this is specific character ... english translate for this character is HOOK) and next SHIFT+"c". The expected result is BIG czech specific LETTER like "Č". The expected result is BIG czech specific LETTER like "Č". But I see nothing. Any letter was add on my screen.

For your information:

When I pressed CAPS LOCK and then I pressed same czech specific letter (like "č", "š", etc.) but like SMALL character (not BIG),  I view on screen this letter like BIG czech specific LETTER = this is correct.

This is problem only for Word, Excel function correctly. I checked off all automatic grammar correction, but without success.

Do you have solution for this problem?

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Radek
Answer
Answer

The cause is probably a program and Office add-in called PDF Complete. It was preinstalled on my HP computer, and it prevented me from entering Czech (and also Greek, but not Norwegian) characters in Microsoft Word. The issue was limited to Word, and did not affect e.g. Excel or PowerPoint. When I uninstalled PDF Complete, the problem disappeared!

And please spread the word! I've been looking for a solution to this problem for a long time!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 21, 2022 Views 639 Applies to: