Cursor Not Blinking

I have just started using MS Office 2013 on a new HP laptop and while editing in Word I suddenly lose my blinking cursor insertion point so I cannot see whereabouts in a particular word my cursor is. It works ok in Print layout view but not Draft view, which is what I usually use. I have tried shutting Word down but still the same problem. It happened for a short while yesterday but then started working again and now this morning it isn't working again in any of my documents. I expect there is a setting somewhere that needs turning on or off but haven't a clue what to do. Any ideas how to fix this annoying problem?

There are older posts in the forum about this happening to other people but none of their replies have helped solve it on my laptop or are too old to apply to 8.1 version.

Answer
Answer
So many people have experienced this (myself included) that I believe is a bug. Microsoft almost never fixes bugs in current products, but maybe the next version will have a fix. I'm able to temporarily fix it by switching to Read mode, then back to Edit. Sorry there isn't a better answer.
Author of "OOXML Hacking - Unlocking Microsoft Office's Secrets", ebook now out
John Korchok, Production Manager
production@brandwares.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 22, 2023 Views 402 Applies to: