Creating a drop down box in word 2013

I am trying to create a drop down box in word 2013 - I have searched and it says to go to view > toolbar > forms. But when I go to view I cannot find the toolbar option. I also cant even find a help tab in 2013. Im trying to add this and not very tech savvy - help please!
Answer
Answer

The instructions you're looking at are for Word 2003, very much out of date. In Word 2013 (or any version from Word 2007 onward):

• If you don't see a Developer tab on the ribbon (it's hidden by default), go to File > Options > Customize Ribbon, and check the box next to Developer in the right-hand list, then click OK.
  • Click the Developer tab.
  • In the Controls group, click the icon for the Drop Down List Content Control.
  • To put entries in the list, click the Properties button. Then use the Add button in the Properties dialog to start each entry.

The old form field dropdown is also available, in the gallery that appears when you click the Legacy Tools button in the Controls group. That dropdown is limited to 25 items, and requires forms protection (Developer > Restrict Editing, check the box under Restrict Editing, and select 'Filling in forms' in the box below it). The content control is more flexible, but requires Word 2007 or later in order to be able to use it.

47 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 28, 2024 Views 22,607 Applies to: