content control in word 2013

I have created a form in Word 2013 and have restricted editing so that the user can only tab through the document and fill in the form.  However, tabbing simply extends the length of the current box, rather than jumping from box to box within the form.  Can someone tell me what I am missing here?  Why are we unable to simply tab from box to box?  Thanks for any help you might provide!

<IE10>

Answer
Answer
To be specific,

(a) Do not use the Rich Text content control if you want to be able to tab out of it, because that type of control just inserts a tab character like in ordinary text (use a Plain Text control instead). If you must use a Rich Text control because users must include formatting in their responses, use the workaround on Greg Maxey's page that involves a table, an extra content control, and a macro.

(b) Do not use the "Filling in forms" type of restriction, which is mean for legacy form fields. Instead, use the "No changes (Read only)" type of restriction, then select the content controls and check the Everyone box to enable filling the controls.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 3,840 Applies to: