Cannot switch between views in Word 2013

Original Title: can't leave draft view

Hi,

I compared two large documents. When I save and open my newly created document with all the track changes in there, it only opens in "draft view". It does not allow me to switch to "print view" ("Seitenlayout" in german).

How can I switch to print view, so that I can see all the boloon tipps with the track changes?

thank you for any help.

Edit: I open the word in "save mode" and opened my document. now, it can switch between the two views. Can anybody please explain?

Edit 2: I can only switch from print view to draft view. But I cannot go back to print view.

Answer
Answer
Hi Aravinda,

thank you very much for your immidiate help. I tried the safe mode, but it did not really solve the issue.
I then switched to my private workstation, which is a win8, but with office 2010. I merged the two documents there again and it worked fine. After a couple of hours working on the document, I took it back to my business laptop. It seems to work fine now.

I did not know that there is a "Open and Repair" functionality in word. I will try to remember that one. :-)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 28, 2023 Views 1,151 Applies to: