can't find office apps

I recently got my new Surface Windows RT with Office Home and Student 2013 a few weeks ago but until now I can't seem to find any of my office apps. When I first got it they were all there preinstalled for me and worked fine. I made a new outlook account to use as my main user on the surface since my old Hotmail was full of junk and I stopped using it anyways. But now I can't find any of them; I tried searching for them from swiping the right side and nothing showed up. I tried searching it on my control panel from desktop to view programs but it wasn't there. Even when I try to open an excel or word file from my email, I don't have the appropriate program to open it with and then it asks me what kind of programs were available to open it with but none of them were the  office apps. Did I accidentally uninstall it by accident when I made my new account? Do I have to buy Office 2013 again? Thanks in advance.
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

Since the repair has not worked, let us try to reset the device.

According to the Office 2013 RT Frequently Asked Questions, resetting the device would revert to the edition installed at the time you bought it (either Office Home & Student 2013 RT Preview, Office Home & Student 2013 RT, or Office 2013 RT).

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/home-and-student/office-home-student-rt-preview-FX103210361.aspx

Note:

·         Ensure to take a back-up of the data before trying to reset.

·         Resetting the device may remove other apps installed.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 211 Applies to: