Cannot insert jpeg picture. Message: picture created in Package.

Running Windows 8.1.  Suddenly Word won't accept jpegs, apparently created by "Package," that older versions accepted.  Do I add this app called Package?  How do I do that?  What picture formats will the new Word accept? 

Also, in this new system I have no idea how to find out what version was installed for me, so when I select "Office Products"  I have no idea what I am doing.

Hello Sue,

Before we proceed, I need some more information to help you better:

1) How are you trying to insert the pictures in Word 2013 (include complete steps)?

2) What is the function of 'Package' application? Is it compatible with Office/Word 2013?

3) Does Package work in other Office applications?

4) Can you insert pictures from Office applications through Insert > Pictures option?

I look forward to your reply to assist you further.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am using Word, insert, picture.  Then I select the picture from a file - it is jpeg.  Word tells me it cannot insert the picture and that the picture was created in "Package."  I don't know what package is.  I have never heard of it before.

Word doesn't do this all the time.  The picture was scanned several years ago.  I have inserted it in older versions of Word with no trouble.

Thanks for your help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you want to send me a copy of the picture, I will try and investigate the issue.
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 51 Applies to: