2013 Office Language Preferences

Hello,

I have installed Office 2013 Home & Student and updated the language preferences, however I am unable to have Word edit Portuguese (Portugal).

This language appears as Enabled/Installed (showing the ABC editing check mark) under File>Options>Language, but this is not the case when editing the actual document, where the ABC check mark is no longer visible during language selection.

I do not have a problem with English, French or Spanish.

All proofing packs (Portuguese & Spanish) have been downloaded as the x64 version. I have restarted my computer, but there is no change. I am not sure why the language can show within Word 2013's Options as Enabled/Installed/editable language, but not so when actually editing a document.

I was prompted to install the proofing tool (which I already have as mentioned above) while typing as the program was not able to proof my text. This was after setting Portuguese as Default and restarting Word, but with no effect.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you beforehand.

Answer
Answer
The bit-ness of the language pack must match that of the Office installation.  Therefore, if you have 32 bit Office, which is the recommended version unless you need the 64bit version because you are running very large, very complex Excel models, it is the X86 version of the language pack that you should download and install.
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 18, 2023 Views 445 Applies to: