Outlook 2013 - Shared Calendar "No Connection"

Hello!

This is similar to this entry. The exception is that instead of an explicitly permitted user receiving a "no connection" notification, a user that should fall under Default "Free/Busy" gets "no connection" on shared calendars. Here's some pertinent information:

• The user is on a personal, non-domain joined machine.
  • The user is connecting via HTTP (with msstd defined for proxy connections) from Outlook to Exchange 2007.
  • The user connects to shared calendars WITHOUT ERRORS when logging into the domain on a DJ'ed computer.
  • Per the aforementioned article, adding him as an editor to the calendar allows him error-free connection.
    • Interestingly enough, removing that permission allows him to continue the connection for a time, but he still sees everything instead of reverting to default free/busy.

Here's what I've done so far:

• Added Editor rights manually to a shared calendar, which allowed connection, but then removed, which maintained connection and then removed it after about 15 mins.
  • Toggled Cached mode, without success.
  • Resynced his profile, without success.
  • Removed and recreated his profile, without success.
  • Turned on logging, which created ETL files in the OKCalLog directory in normal logging location (%temp% etc. etc.), but which ETLs yielded event codes for which Google had no useful input (and very little user friendly information besides). Codes 120 and 170 were most pertinent.

This user was previously working on domain-joined machines only. As I mentioned, when he logs in to a domain-joined machine, he has no issues.

Help! What am I missing?

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Since the Shared Calendar is a Microsoft Exchange features, your issue with Outlook crashing since the latest updates while trying to sync shared calendar will be best addressed in Outlook for Exchange Forum mentioned below.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrclients/threads

I request you to post the issue on the above link for further assistance.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly. They can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Mohan,

I cross-posted as directed and it appears to have been deleted. I will try again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 2,233 Applies to: