I bought office Home & Business 2013 from Amazon. I could not get my software because of region

Hi there guys, I bought office Home & Business 2013 from Amazon. However, up to this moment I could not get my software because of region. I'd be most appreciated if you could please help me.

Thanks

Elsharif Brima

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Elsharif,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. As I understand you have purchased Office 2013 and want to install it on the system.

I would need more information to assist you with the issue:

1. Which region do you stay?

2. Did you order for a disk to install Office 2013 Home and Business or is it a product key card purchase?

3. Did you receive any email from amazon with the link to download and install Office 2013?

4. What do you mean by "I could not get my software because of region"? Are you unable to download Office 2013 from website?

5. Do you receive any error message while downloading Office 2013 program?

Provide us more information on the issue to help us assist you further.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there Anula,

Firstly, sorry for replying late. Secondly, my region is North Africa (Libya), thirdly, it's only a software downloaded with a Product Key directly from Office.com, yes I did received an email from Amazon.com with link to download the software from Office.com. What I meant by "I could not get my software because of region" I'm unable to get my software. yes I got this error message (This product is not intended for your identified region. Please contact support for help.) while trying to download the software.

Finally, this is my Order no. xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx Purchased on January 31, 2013

Many thanks indeed

Yours sincerely,

Elsharif Brima

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ms. D.Souza
I am located in the Caribbean Region (Trinidad to be exact) and am experiencing the same problem. The difference is that I downloaded the MS Office 2013 trial a couple months ago. Recently I purchased the Key Card from Amazon.com. upon entering the Product Key in MS Office Home & Business 2013 to make it official on the Company's Computer, I got the same error message. " This product is not intended for your identified region. Please contact support for help". I have spoken with your help desk to no avail, as well as Amazon.com. As I explained to your Techs and Amazon.com, if I cannot get this problem resolved I would have no choice to return the product and seek another alternative.
Dwayne

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Check which language  is set on the system:

·         Go to Control Panel< Language.

·         Under change your language preferences select Add a Language

·         Select the appropriate language (in which you had purchased Office 2013 program) and click Add.

·         If you have chosen English while purchasing Office, then select English United States and click Add. And set the language as default

Check which region is set on the system:

·         Go to Control Panel< Region.

·         Go to Location tab, under Home Location Select Libya and click Ok

Now try to download Office 2013 on the system and check. If you are still unable to download Office 2013 then select United States as Region under Control Panel and then try to download Office 2013 program and check.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Check which language  is set on the system:

·         Go to Control Panel< Language.

·         Under change your language preferences select Add a Language

·         Select the appropriate language (in which you had purchased Office 2013 program) and click Add.

·         If you have chosen English while purchasing Office, then select English United States and click Add. And set the language as default

Check which region is set on the system:

·         Go to Control Panel< Region.

·         Go to Location tab, under Home Location Select Libya and click Ok

Now try to download Office 2013 on the system and check. If you are still unable to download Office 2013 then select United States as Region under Control Panel and then try to download Office 2013 program and check.

I bough my Office 2013 pro from Microsoft Store and received the product key card, when I follow instruction I get exactly the same message mentioned above by the person in Libia and Trinidad & Tobago. My computer settings are language English United States and Region Location United States I believe changing those settings does not solve the issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am using a US VPN service and installation is in process, it seems it works fine.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I downloaded a free VPN  service "Hotspot Shield" free edition and tried it.

Still got the same error. Can you tell which VPN you tried. Do I have to change control setting AND US VPN together?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I used the service from www.getusvpn.com no changes required on the Pc settings in my case.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Guys,

Interesting problem, don't you think Microsoft would allow people who purchase from an international country the oppertunity to download this fantastic product from and international loactioan. My cousin bought me the office 2013 package from the UK.

Had to jump on the UK SVPN for me to download the software seems to be working. Just have to uninstall Office 2010 and I should be good to go. Check to see where your Office Professional 2013 originated if it is in UK or the US try to utilise a SVPN within those countries. You can find the origin information on the top of your office Package. 

Hope this helps. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I could not install microsoft office. what do I need to do? I have XP as my operating system, if this is the problem what can I do?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 3,920 Applies to: