open ms word from taskbar

How do I open MS Word Starter 2010 from the taksbar?  I get a window stating : "The application cannot be opened. Try again or repair the product in Control Panel."

1,   Yes I can open by going through the Start Menu>All Programs> Microsoft Office> MS Word Starter 2010.  This is a 4 part operation.

2.   Where in the Control Panel do I/can I repair the product? I've looked.

3.   What is it exactly that I am repairing? 

4.   This has only been an issue for about a week or so since I got a trojan (since removed).

5.   Does this have anything to do with a window I get upon turning on my computer that states:  "There is a problem starting. C:\Users\kennyk\AppData\Roaming\dfgwit.dll.   Specified module could not be found."

This window shows up every time I start my computer. I've been told it's a part of the trojan I had but I don't know how to get rid of this window and if it has any effect on my computer, like not being able to start MS Word Starter 2010 from the taskbar.

Thank you.

Answer
Answer
Simply delete the taskbar button. Then recreate it: After you have located Word via the Start menu, right-click the icon and select Pin to Taskbar.
Stefan Blom
Microsoft 365 Word MVP since 2005
Volunteer Moderator (Office)
MS 365, Win 11 Pro
~~~~
Please note that I do not work for Microsoft
MVP program info: https://mvp.microsoft.com/
~~~~

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 354 Applies to: