How can I change the color of my font - while editing a document?

I am editing a piece for a friend, and would like to use a different color for the corrections. I have been having to change the font color with every single correction. Is there a way to set the color for everything that I write in a particular session without changing the color of all of the text?

Thank you so much,

Jacquelyn

In a regular version of Word, you would use Track Changes and you could select the color that you wanted for insertions or deletions.

In the Starter version of Word however, while if you open a document that was changed while the Track Changes feature was turned on, you will see editing marks in the document, but you cannot accept or reject the changes, and you cannot turn change tracking on or off.

See: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/starter-help/word-features-that-are-not-fully-supported-in-word-starter-HA010374498.aspx

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately Track Changes is not available in the Starter edition of Office 2010 (http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/starter-help/word-features-that-are-not-fully-supported-in-word-starter-HA010374498.aspx) for that is the tool best suited to your purposes.

Unfortunately there is no simple means of doing what you require in the Starter Version. You could create a character style and apply it to selected text, but it will not work automatically as you envisage.
Graham Mayor (Microsoft Word MVP 2002-2019)
For more Word tips and downloads visit my web site
https://www.gmayor.com/Word_pages.htm

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Graham,

I think I'm bumping into the Word Starter wall again. I've learned a lot - by necessity, for my projects, but, I suppose every new project brings it's own lessons ... and walls.

When you say that I could create a character style, would that be what I'm doing when I assign a color to my font, or, say italics, or bold ... and then, have to punch it up every time I want that feature?

My friend mentioned creating a set of "styles" that can be accessed at any time - I suppose with any project, that I believe he means, is saved and stored in the word program even after I close a session. Is this something that he is able to do because he has the regular Word program, and not the "Starter program"? He said they are part of the box that says "Headings".

I am grateful for the guidance,

Jacquelyn

Jacquelyn Roberts aka J.S. Roberts

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you Doug,

I'm looking forward to the day when I can afford to buy the Word program proper. I am beginning to resign myself to the idea of having to manually change the font color with every correction. It's a drag, but, oh well. This piece needs a lot of commas ... (smile) ... at least I think so. I feel the need to brush up on my own punctuation right now, after going through his book a few times. Maybe some of them could/should be semi-colons. There's nothing like a good punctuation session to make you feel humble.

He just mentioned to me in an email, that he has customized a set of "quick styles" through the "Headings" box. I suppose this is something that he can do because he has Word proper. (?)

Thanks for the guidance, I am grateful,

Jacquelyn

Jacquelyn Roberts aka J.S. Roberts

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 9, 2024 Views 5,802 Applies to: