Fixing Microsoft Office Starter 2010 English

Someone sent me a word document that would not open.  I went into programs and did a repair of Microsoft Office 2010 Starter English, and the document opened.  I did not check the box in the repair window.  This morning I attempted to open a document I needed from my files and a box popped up telling me that Microsoft Office 2010 Starter was installed on my computer but did I want to now purchase Office 2010. Clicked out of that.  Did another repair on the starter but document still would not open.  Then I noticed that Office starter had disappeared from my programs list at the start up menu.  So I went into the control panel and saw that it said Microsoft Office 2010 which I thought was the full program which I do not have, so I uninstalled that thinking that it might be somehow interfering with the starter program.  I then Googled info for a way to uninstall and reinstall the starter program and found a note that said "Do not uninstalll Microsoft Office 2010 which is also Office Manager and is apparently needed to uninstall and reinstall the starter program. Now when I try to open documents sometimes PSE (Picasa) pops up but of course they won't open with that.  I also get a message that Windows can't open the file and which program do I want to use to open it.

If I go back to the control panel and into programs for a repair to the starter program, I get a message that says Click-2-Run configuration failure.  If I highlight Click-2-run there is no option to repair it, only to uninstall.  I also get a message that Click-2-Run is updating in the background and an option to pause it which I did not do.

In summary:  I uninstalled Microsoft Office 2010 and apparently need it back.  Office Starter will not work and even though it's listed in programs in the control panel, it is no longer listed in the programs at the start up menu. 

I went into help and looked at recovery options but was not sure which one to choose so I decided to come here for help first.  I hope you can help me out.

Answer
Answer

Starter was a OEM product, get in touch with your oem once.

See if you could follow these steps here and get starter applications to work:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2465140/en-nz

Trying to be helpful.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 1,266 Applies to: