Wrapping of Text while inserting/deleting rows from Table.

I have 3 tables in a single page. One is left aligned and other two are right aligned. Then there is some text below the tables. 

So here is the setup:

----

Now when I delete some rows from Table-1, the Table 3 and text (Through a Dark..) shift up like shown:

------

The same happens if add some rows to Table1, Table 3 and Text shift down.

Now I don't want the text/table to shift up/down when I add/delete rows from Table1 i.e Table1  should expand/contract in the empty space below it.

Now If I do the same thing for Table3 i.e add/delete rows there is no effect on text as shown :

-----

All 3 tables are same and have exact positioning and other properties.

Please suggest any solution as I would be implementing this through word automation service (interop).

Answer
Answer

There's no objection to cross-posting; all that's asked is that you alert people to the fact that's what you've done and provide links so people don't waste time going over ground that's been done over elsewhere.

As for adjusting the bottom 'distance from text', I'd have thought your automation code could manage that quite easily.

Another approach to your problem would be to use nested tables, with your 'outer' table having two columns and the inner tables going into different columns. You can hide the outer table's cell borders so its presence is less apparent. If the Outer table has auto row height, it will adjust to accommodate whatever row addition/deletion you do to the inner tables. The only proviso is that the inner tables shouldn't have 'around' text wrapping. The two rhs tables can go into the same cell - all they need is a separating paragraph. With this layout, the text will always remain below the outer table.

Cheers
Paul Edstein
(Fmr MS MVP - Word)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 126 Applies to: