Word2010: Document Skewing PLEASE HELP

Hi all,

I'm wondering if any of you can shed some light on a NIGHTMARE I'm having with MS Word 2010.

Everytime I open a document on my computer the tables are skewed and aligned to the right.

On ALL other computers this is not the case and the tables are aligned centrally.

I can align the margins manually, but when I save and exit the document, the skewing returns.

I have "repaired" MS word to it's default settings.

I have deleted and created a new template (norm.doc ?).

I've checked my printer and driver settings and all are okay.

I have checked the margins and paper sizing.

I really have no idea what else to try...  Have any of you seen this?  As I said, the document appears FINE one every other computer, except this one...

Thanks in advance...

Cheers.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Office Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

Let's try the following steps and verify the result.

1) Change the default printer to 
Microsoft XPS Document Writer or Microsoft OneNote following instructions mentioned in the article below, open the problem documents and verify whether issue re-occurs.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows7/Change-your-default-printer

2) If issue still occurs, start Word in safe mode
following instructions mentioned below and verify the result.

Winword /safe
Note: There is a space between Winword and '/'.

If Word works as expected in safe mode, disable the add-ins by following steps mentioned below and determine the problem causing add-in:

a) Click on File menu, click Options, Add-ins, Go button besides Manage: Com-in Add.
b) Check if there are add-ins listed, clear the checkbox.
c) Close the Office program and restart it.
d) Disable each add-in one at a time, restart the Word, and repeat the above procedure. If the issue reappears again, it will help you to determine which add-in is causing this issue.

If issue still occurs, run ‘Fix it’ from the following KB article and verify whether issue re-occurs
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541

Note: Save the 'Fix it' before running it if you're working on a 64 bit operating system. If running the ‘Fix it’ doesn’t resolve this problem, follow other troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article.

IMPORTANT: Ensure to back up complete registry before any deletion or modification.

Refer to the following article for instructions on how to back up registry.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/back-up-registry#1TC=windows-7

Hope the above information helps. Try the suggestions and let me know the result at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2021 Views 1,089 Applies to: