Word 2010 stopped working, trying to recover your information.

one of our PA's at the office is having problems with word closing at random. she tells me it doesnt have any pattern it just seems to be at random. i'm the IT apprentice and have tried reinstall, repair etc, nothing seems to work. any help would be great. 
Thanks
Callum.

Hi Callum,

You may launch Word in its application safe following the steps below:

Click Start, go to Programs, go to Accessories, click Run, type winword /safe (note there is a space between winword and /).

If the application works fine safe mode, try disabling the add ins for the application and check the result,

• Click the File tab.
  • Go to Options.
  • Click Add-ins.
  • Clear all the options. 

If that steps mentioned does not help, then you may also follow the steps mentioned in the following article and check if it helps:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541/en-us

Disclaimer: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Back-up-the-registry

Hope the suggestions provided is helpful.

Thank you

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

will give it a go, cheers. but like i say there's no pattern in why it crashes, may be a file path issue as we use network drives, i might also add that the user has a habit of having about 20 things open at once. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 468 Applies to: