Word 2010 Problems with page layout

I am having multiple problems with page layout. I want to design a document that will eventually be printed on pages 152.4 X 228.6 mm, with margins and a gutter on the left for recto and right for verso (normal allowance for binding). No problem there. I am printing proofs on A4. Whatever I do I cannot get my printer to render the 12pt as 12 pt and when I select 'apply to whole document' and save it, on accessing it again it always says 'this section'. To add to that, when I change the 'Outside' margin it does not change but the inside one does!      Ideally I'd like to print final size with margins and gutter exactly as I request and with incidental white space on the A4 proofs. And yes, A4 is bigger than the finished size I want, otherwise I would expect odd happenings!  

EDIT: Right now I am trying with a new blank document, and it is working fine. So I suspect many changes may have corrupted the document I was working on.  Any thought you experts?

Answer
Answer
Apologies for wasting everyone's time but some poor fool may have the same 'problem' in the future. It was self-caused (as many problems are). I happened to notice that in my 'corrupted' document I had made one or two review comments (which appeared in the RH margin). That had the result of shifting margins around and reducing typefaces size to make them visible when printed. I simply removed the comments and all came good. The same would be true for deletions if they were set to balloons. The 'section' problem is a 'feature' it seems. If a document has more than one section you are apparently compelled to change each one.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 123 Applies to: