Word 2010 Help function

This has been covered in other posts but none of the suggestions fixed the problem for me.

I am using Win 7 Pro and a clean install of Office Pro Plus 2010, with no earlier versions of Office installed.

Problem: When I try to access Help in Word 2010 I get the following message:

'There are no help topics available that match your request.'

Note that for Access 2010 and Excel 2010 the Help function works fine.

Solution 1: Delete all IE Browsing History (I am using IE 10), with the selection 'Preserve Favorites website data' unchecked.

Solution 2:
  • Step 1. Rename all instances of the folder 'Microsoft Help' to 'Microsoft Help.OLD' - I had four of them in the following locations:
C:\ProgramData
C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local
C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local
C:\Users\MSSQLSERVER\AppData\Local
  • Step 2. Under Control Panel, Repair the instance of Office 2010
  • Step 3. Reboot.

Neither solution worked - I still get the same 'no help topics' message.

Does anyone have a 'new' solution that may help?

Hi,

As I understand you are unable to work with Help function in Word application. Let me assist you with the issue:

Since renaming Microsoft Help folder and repairing Office did not fix the issue, uninstall Office 2010 program completely from the system and re-install it and check. Refer the link mentioned and check the section Uninstall Office automatically using a Fixit to uninstall the traces of Office 2010 program installed on the computer:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/how-to-uninstall-or-remove-microsoft-office-2010-suites-HA104027750.aspx

Note: If you are using a 64-bit operating system, save the fixit tool on the system and then run it from the saved location.

Note: Ensure you have the disk\download link and the product key for Office 2010 program before uninstalling it from the computer.

Once the uninstallation is complete, reboot the system and re-install Office 2010 program.

I hope the above suggestion helps. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 0 Applies to: