Word 2010 - Fillable Form text field - How to set default value

I am creating a fillable form and I would like to reduce confusion on it. At the top, I ask for the user's name and email and later, I ask for the people who the request is meant for and provide a few text boxes to fill in those people's information. 90% of the time, the user is one of the people the request is meant for. I want the first text boxes to just fetch what was entered at the top as the default value. That way, I can group the requesters all together without relying on the user remembering to include themselves in the list (which I can then use in a Macro). 

I don't know how to set a default value or how I can get that value to equal whatever is entered somewhere else. I hope this makes sense... This is sort of what I mean:

User Info:
Name: John Doe
Email: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***
Phone: 555-123-5555

Request Type:
[Grouped Radio Buttons]
Option 1
Option 2
Option 3
Option 4
Option 5

Recipients:
Name1; Email1; Phone1
Name2; Email2; Phone2
Name3; Email3; Phone3

In this case, I want Name1 equal to User Info Name, Email1 equal to User Info Email, and so on. Is there a way to do this and if so, is there a way to do it without VBA? My concern is that since this is going out to people that they won't have macros enabled, so it wouldn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Yes, this is covered in the "On-Line Form" section of http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_pages/repeating_data.html. The initial entry fields need to have their "Calculate on exit" property turned on, and the later repetitions are REF fields that refer to the entry fields' names.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 22, 2023 Views 3,643 Applies to: