Word 2010 equation gallery is blank

I have a colleague who is using Word 2010 and when she goes to Insert>Equation, under the structures on the right for Fraction or Script, etc and she clicks on the drop down arrow all the boxes are blank.

I have tried running a repair of office with no success.

I tried moving the 1033 folder under appdata\roaming\microsoft\document building blocks then opening word again and this did not resolve the issue either.

Short of removing and installing it again, is there anything else that can be done? 

Answer
Answer

Hello Jamedin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Office Community.

Let's disable and enable Equation Editor component from Office installation following steps mentioned below and verify the result:

1) Go to Control Panel >
click Programs, and then click Programs and Features. Click the name of the Microsoft Office suite or program you want to change, and then click Change.

2) Now in the Office Setup dialog box, click Add or Remove Features, and then click Next.

3) Click on the plus sign (+) to expand a folder next to Office Tools, and then on the drop down option beside Equation Editor and select Not Available > Install Now.

4) Now restart the computer and repeat the above process (from step 1-2) and enable Equation Editor > by clicking on the plus sign (+) to expand a folder next to Office Tools, and then on the drop down option beside Equation Editor and select Run from My Computer > Install Now

5) Wait untill the configuration process completes and then try inserting equation in Word and verify the result.

Hope the above information helps. I look forward to your reply to assist you further.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 29, 2021 Views 770 Applies to: