Word 2010 change colour of the text automatically when user change the default text

I am preparing a Word 2010 template using content control. There are few locked and few unlocked controls for users to edit/change. Unfortunately the formatting should be same for both these contents. I am trying to show the users which are locked and which are not. If I show using red colour fonts users can understand they are the one to be modified.but while printing the difference is seen. I have tried using macros NoMacro button but it did not allow me more than a line.

Is there anyway to show locked content controls by different colours or something without affecting the printout?

Or is there a way to change the color of the text if users change the default text using VBA code or something (ie. all red colour texts are for users to modify, once they modify turn back to black automatically)?

Thanks in advance.

Answer
Answer

I've already posted to your other thread but you can do this as an alternative. 

Apply the red font colour as a local format to the default text. Change the CC property to apply a character style that is black.

Andrew Lockton
Melbourne Australia

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 12, 2022 Views 1,270 Applies to: