Where is the list of Authors stored?

When I save a Word document or Excel spreadsheet (and probably other Office documents, as well), there is an Authors field. By default, it contains my name, but I can change that, or add additional authors. If I start to type a name in that field, a list drops down as I type, containing names I've previously entered there. When I first started using Office (I'm using 2010), this list consisted only of names from my Outlook Contacts (?), but as I entered other names there, it would "remember" them next time - up to a point. After a while, it stopped storing new names. And I mistyped some of the names that it did store. So I'd like to remove those mistyped names, to possibly make room for more names.

Does anyone know where that list is stored, if/how it can be edited, and/or if there's a setting somewhere to allow more names to be stored there?

Has to be somewhere in the Windows registry, i did not find mention to it anywhere in this forums or else where.
Trying to be helpful.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

That was the first place I checked but a search for one of the names in the memorized list yielded no results in the registry. Plus, as I said, all of the names in my Outlook Contacts show up as available Authors.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 26, 2024 Views 974 Applies to: