where is Ms word in windows 8 after install

I have a machine with win 8, I installed MS word 2010 and all I get is Microsoft Project Professional 2010, then I go to the metro tiles and all I see is "Microsoft project 2010" Microsoft office language" "Microsoft project server 2010" "MS office 2010 upload center" and "Microsoft clip organizer" Where is Ms Word? I've typed in Microsoft word into the search and nothing pops up, there is no Ms word program to be found on my PC.
Answer
Answer

Hi Steven,

Before we proceed I would require some more information to assist you better.

How was Office Word 2010 installed on the computer?

Is Word 2010 a standalone version or part of an Office 2010 suite?

Check if Office Word 2010 shows in the list of installed programs. To do that, go to Control Panel / Programs and Features and look for Office Word 2010.

If Office Word 2010 shows in the list of installed programs, refer to the following link ‘Find and start Office applications in Windows 8 or Windows RT’ and check:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/find-and-start-office-applications-in-windows-8-or-windows-rt-HA103581103.aspx

You may also try opening Word 2010 from the Program Files location and verify the results. Browse to the following location (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14 or C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14). Double click on the Winword.exe application icon to open.

Follow the steps and let us know if that helps. If the issue persists, reply and we will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 428 Applies to: