when trying to open a file it asks me to give permission to the handler why is this suddenly

I don't understand why this is all in Spanish

however, I just want to know why all of a sudden I can't open my office files with out the pop up asking me if the handler has permission to make changes to my computer, why is the happening

Answer
Answer

Hello,

Let us check if ‘Run as Administrator’ option is checked in Word compatibility options.

1. Go to the location C:\Program File\Microsoft Office\Office 14\Winword.exe

(If you are using a 64bit machine, then you would have to go to C:\Program files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office 14\Winword.exe)

2. Right click on Winword.exe and click on Properties and then click on Compatibility tab. Check if you have any check mark in any of the compatibility mode options. Make sure you also click on the option ‘change settings for all users’ tab at the bottom of the same screen and look for similar check boxes in the window.

3. Uncheck the option ‘Run as Administrator’ if you have it checked.

4. If you see any check boxes in the compatibility mode options, uncheck all the boxes and click on Apply and OK.

5. Once the above steps are done, open Word.

I hope this fixes the issue. If not, reply and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 29, 2024 Views 588 Applies to: