When I paste from a document that has Arial in an existing word document that also has Arial the font and its size is often different. Help!

So I go to copy and paste something from one document to another both Arial and the font is pasted in times new roman in a different size as well. These are on existing document precedents that have been in use for a long time (does this make a difference?) Precedents: documents with fields in them that I fill in. It doesn't help me to set the default font either. 

Thank you,

If you paste text in plain text format, it will assume the formatting at the insertion point.

But you haven't explained which kind of fields is being used. Is the document (target or source) protected in some way?
Stefan Blom
Microsoft 365 Word MVP since 2005
Volunteer Moderator (Office)
MS 365, Win 11 Pro
~~~~
Please note that I do not work for Microsoft
MVP program info: https://mvp.microsoft.com/
~~~~

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Stefan, 

Thanks for your reply, I don't believe the documents are protected in any way. I am able to make changes and save those changes no problem in both target and source document. The documents are simply precedents that we've created at our business to make writing letters and completing documents much quicker. The idea, fill in the name, tab or F11, next field, fill in their address etc. Does this help? 

Pasting the text in text format doesn't seem to make a difference. The documents have been compiled from a combination of different documents, so a lot of cutting and pasting has occurred in the precedent document's past, will this change things? Is there anything else you can think of that could be the problem?

Thank you, 

Danica 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

OK, since you can move between fields with F11, most likely the document or template was designed with MACROBUTTON fields. These are (usually) used without document protection.

How exactly did you paste in plain text format? What were the steps?

Stefan Blom
Microsoft 365 Word MVP since 2005
Volunteer Moderator (Office)
MS 365, Win 11 Pro
~~~~
Please note that I do not work for Microsoft
MVP program info: https://mvp.microsoft.com/
~~~~

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 31, 2023 Views 162 Applies to: