What settings need to be changed (in the Trust center?) Currently there's a policy disallowing the insertion of a video clip into a docx.

Hi, I am trying to insert a video clip into the body of a word document but cannot. I get the message, "This object cannot be inserted due to your policy settings." Actually, I am the only person using the computer or Word or Excel and would like to be able to not be restricted. It's my personal  computer so I can change whatever settings need to be changed.

Thank you very much!

dave

Hello Dave,

Does the issue occurs with specific video file or with all the files?

You may refer to the article provided below and check if that helps to resolve the issue:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/embedded-object-and-activex-control-policy-settings-error-HA101825674.aspx

For further queries, reply and we would be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Nayana:

Unfortunately, the information at the address in your response is the first thing I saw when I tried to solve this problem for myself before asking the forum. The problem is that there are many different settings in the Trust Center.

I tried:
Enabling macros (couldn't hurt). Under Active X Settings.
I enabled all controls with restrictions and with prompting.
All check boxes in Protected View have been unchecked.
The Message Bar setting has the "Show the Message Bar in all applications when active content..." radio button is clicked.
On File Block Settings, "Open" is checked next to: "Word Binary Documents and Templates"; "Word 6.0 Binary Documents and Templates"; "Word, and earlier Binary Documents and Templates". Nothing under "Save" is checked at all. Also, the Open behavior for selected file types has the "Open selected file types in Protected View and allow editing" radio button selected.

These are all of the Policy settings that there are. The problem is that the help on the link you gave to me tells me nothing about which settings to adjust or how to adjust them. I made the adjustments according to what made sense to me and that was not enough.

“Media Clip” and Midi clip are the object types that are prohibited from attachment. Excel worksheets and .BMPs are allowed to be attached. 

Thank you,

Dave

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 1,515 Applies to: