Watermarks under inserted images

I imported a Print screen image into my document, but is stayed in front of the watermark blocking part of it out.  What do I need to do to the image to let the watermark show through it? 
Answer
Answer

If your inserted image has a single color (such as white) as a background, you can make that color transparent. Select the picture, go to the Picture Tools tab of the ribbon, click the Color button, and click Set Transparent Color at the bottom of the gallery. With the special cursor, click somewhere on the background of the picture.

If that won't work because there is no single color in the background of the picture, you might be able to use the Remove Background tool, but that's more work -- you may have to add pieces that the automatic tool missed, or remove pieces that it identified in error.

Some technical detail: Word places things in several "layers," with things in the closer layers obscuring ones in the farther layers. The watermark is always in the farthest layer. Next are one or more layers of pictures, text boxes, etc. that are "behind text," then the text layer, and then things that are "in front of text." Anything that's transparent, or shapes that are set to "no fill," will allow items in farther layers to show through.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 59 Applies to: