Visio drawings won't print from Word 2010 on some cases

Hi guys, I have strange problem with MS Word 2010: Visio drawings (Imported by Ctr+C,Ctrl+V) won't pint on Word on some cases. But print prewiew is ok. So...

I had spent more than 12 hours to know how to avoid this :(((

I had updated printing drivers to lust version, I made latest winows updates, made latest office updates, I had rummaged  the entire Internet on plances where exist this problem, bud anything did not help. I always saw diagram on print preview but did not had it on printed page (btw if I save as PDF and this print all is ok. But we do not like this perversions).

Results of 12 hour angry((

The problem in that fact that some features of word (word effects like gradient fillings, text shadows, with others effects I did not check) and embedded objects OLE objects (I know only about Visio) have some "exotic" conflicts.

Configuration

• MS office: 2010 with latest updates
  • Visio: 2007 with latest updates
  • Printer: HP P2015dn with latest drivers from HP

Steps to reproduce

1. Create clean documents on visio and word
  2. Make some figure in Viso, like square
  3. Make table cell in Word (just one table cell) for Visio figure
  4. Insert Visio diagram to table cell (select square, copy, paste to cell in word document)

Then way 1:

1. Add header
  2. Add text effect "shadow" to header style
  3. print

Then way 2:

1. Add word diagram like square
  2. Add gradient filling to square
  3. Print

Important

It is reproduces only if visio diagram placed to table cell in document. If I insert visio diagram without table cell - all is ok. But table cell's are important for our since we uses they for convenient formating in our documents when we are place images, diagrams, image comments, etc. to document.

Addons

• If save as PDF and print - all is ok
  • If save as "Word 97-2003" and print - all is ok
  • I will repeat - that all is ok in print preview and I have latest updates for whole (drivers, office, windows)

So what we have:

1. We can use visio diagrams WITH table cells and WITHOUT word effects (shadows for text in styles, gradient fillings for word diagrams/figures) 
  2. We can use visio diagrams WITHOUT table cells and WITH word effects 

And my question

Is exist some way for fix this? If not may be you know some workarounds for use visio diagrams in tables WITH word effects (shadows for text in styles, gradient fillings for word diagrams/figures)?

Thank you...

Hi,

What happens when you try to add other images in the Word (JPEG, Bitmap etc.)?

Try adding an image in the Word and check if this issue occurs.

In case this issue is specific to the Visio images, then you may post the question in the Visio forums in the following link:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/visio?tab=Threads

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

No problem with images, only with Viso objects inserted to table cells in word.

Oki. I just had asked on Visio forums. I hope that this is will not "throwing between forums" ;-)

Link:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-visio/visio-drawings-wont-print-from-word-2010-on-some/6964341b-87a2-45cc-95f6-3af994f3772e?tm=1397144916159

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 13, 2023 Views 4,210 Applies to: