Translation services, local and machine, are unavailable

Last year I bought the Hebrew Language Pack and installed it on a borrowed machine. It worked fine, and all translation services worked great. This month, I bought a new machine with a new copy of Office Home and Business and installed my copy of Hebrew Language Pack on the new machine. But the translation services don't work and I've tried quite a few things that haven't helped. (re-installing, tinkering with Language settings, tinkering with the Translate tab in the Proofing ribbon, and the Translation options available from the Research Pane.) I've drawn a blank when it comes to internet research for an answer. Does anyone have any suggestions. 
Answer
Answer

From the File menu, select Options and then Trust Center and then Trust Center Settings and then click on Privacy Options and put a check mark in the box for Allow the Research task pane to check for and install new services

Then from the Review tab, select Research and then Research Options and if the Translation item is there, place a check mark in its box.  If not, try clicking on Update/Remove or on Add Services and insert the following URL

http://office.microsoft.com/Research/query.asmx

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 357 Applies to: