Sudden fast-forward DELETE in Word 2010

I was typing a document in Word 2010, which I am well familiar with, when suddenly, without my apparently having touched anything by mistake or leaned on the keyboard, the document went into fast-forward-delete. I haven't lost much but the delete has now reached the end of the document and I can no longer make inputs although I can move the cursor. A small blue horizontal rectangle has appeared under the position of the space next to the last letter in my document. Can someone help please? I think this may be finger-trouble (Bullguard anti-virus is installed).

Thank you.

Martin

Answer
Answer

Thank you very much for Deepak Ramesh's helpful reply. In fact I managed to solve the problem rather more crudely myself - the project I was working on was sufficiently urgent that I had to do something.

Once I had got over the shock of not being able to achieve anything within my WORD document, and having seen half of it disappear, I realised that I could actually open other applications. I chose EXCEL to begin with just to check things out. Everything outside my frozen, amputated document seemed to be working, albeit rather slowly. So I elected to close the laptop down, deliberately forcing a shut down.

On re-starting it, I found that the whole document could be recovered and that nothing had been lost. Whether it was good luck that automatic 'save' had operated at just the right moment or whether I had actually saved the document myself a few moments before the 'fast-forward-DELETE' occurred, I am not sure. 

Perhaps the course of action I followed will be obvious to more technically minded readers but it wasn't to me. I shall reflect on the Deepak Ramesh's advice in case this happens again but the greater lesson will be familiar to everyone - regular saves/back-ups etc.

Thank you again.

Martin

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 746 Applies to: