set outside the printable area

With a template I have been given to use, when I print a document I get the message 'The page borders of section <N> are set outside the printable area of the page', once for every section of the document. Paper type is set correctly.

This happens even when I totally remove all content from the body, header and footer of a single-page document and use the Normal built-in margins (I can *see* the margins are in the right place).  Even when I print to OneNote instead of to a real printer. Even when I delete all the styles I can from the template.

There is nothing left in my document, so what could be causing the problem? The document prints correctly but I need to get rid of those error messages as my readers can't be expected to wade through 15 error messages when they print.

Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bill.

Answer
Answer

For the benefit of others, in the document that Bill sent to me, there was a page border on the first page of each of the sections that had a margin of 0 pts on all sides, measured from the Edge of the Page.   This is revealed by clicking on the Options button in the Borders and Shading dialog when the Page Border tab is activated.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 11, 2023 Views 2,273 Applies to: