Repositioning a frame in Word

I am using Office 2010 on a Windows Vista Home Premium platform.  I have inserted a large (5x 8) jjpeg image onto the page and surrounded it with a frame (to simplify re-positioning).  Now, when I try to drag the frame from one page to another (adding text ahead of the frame caused the frame to skip a page), I can move it to the correct page, but I am unable to re-position it on that page.  If I drag and drop, the frame jumps by large amounts.

Before I delete the frame and start from scratch, is there another way to move the frame on the page in smaller increments?

Thanks in advance.

Gordon

Houston, Texas

Answer
Answer
Right-click the edge of the frame and click Format Frame. In the dialog that opens, you can type measurements or select positions in the dropdowns for the horizontal and vertical positions. Also, select carefully the "Relative To" settings. For example, "Left relative to page" puts the left edge of the frame at the left edge of the paper, while "Left relative to margin" aligns the left edge of the frame with the left edge of the text area.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 7, 2023 Views 3,002 Applies to: