Reference Apa Style Sixth Edition citation without title

Hi,
I am using APA style for referencing as research requirement. The issue is title are appearing in the in-text citation and for every single reference i have to edit citation then under suppress check title option to remove title.

For Example,

(Before Suppress)

(Liu, Li, & Carlsson, Factors driving the adoption of m-learning: An empirical study, 2010; Teo, Factors influencing teachers’ intention to use technology: Model development and test, 2011; Özdoğan, Başoğlu, & Erçetin, 2012; Wei-Han Tan, Ooi, Sim, & Phusavat, 2012; Park, Baek, Ohm, & Chang, 2014)

(After Suppress)

(Liu, Li, & Carlsson, 2010; Teo, 2011; Özdoğan, Başoğlu, & Erçetin, 2012; Wei-Han Tan, Ooi, Sim, & Phusavat, 2012; Park, Baek, Ohm, & Chang, 2014).

Is there any way out to set this as default setting instead of manually editing each referred entry then under suppress selecting title from edit citation ?? Additionally my first two reference is appearing with titles and rest is without. I have no idea why is so.
I want to get rid of the reference titles automatically.
Reply fast

Hi,

Let me assist you with the issue.

I would like to know some more information to help you better.

What is the Type of Source that is used for the citation?

It is not possible to suppress titles by default for certain citations. However, you can manually change it by clicking on the citation and then choosing the option to Edit citation and select the required field.

The Bibliography citations are hard coded styles and is located in the following location. The settings in these styles cannot be changed.

C:\Program Files or Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office 14\Bibliography\Style

Hope the information provided is helpful.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Aravinda,
Thanks for you input but the issue is I have 154 pages document and manually editing every citation is hectic plus laborious. I am already familiar with this technique but my data set is quite large so i am looking for an alternate solution. I am citing various journal papers, conference papers and magazine in my in-text citation of the document. Refer me any other technique to tackle this issue or any other documentation software for thesis writing.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 1,203 Applies to: