Radio buttons (option buttons) group

I have a form in which the users have to answer "yes", "No", or "N/A" to each question and I was wondering if there is a way to create a group so that I don't have to insert one button each time. They only need to pick one answer so I would prefer to have radio buttons over check boxes or dropdowns.

Thank you in advanced for the help.

Answer
Answer

While the document is in Design Mode, select an option button and click the Properties button. In the Properties dialog, assign a value to the GroupName property -- for example, use Q1 as the value for question 1, Q2 for question 2, etc. Put the same value in the GroupName for all three option buttons in the same question.

Option buttons that share the same GroupName behave as a group; clicking any one of them puts the black dot in that button and removes it from any other button. Each group is independent of all other groups.

Once you've created one group, you can select the three option buttons, press Alt+F3, and save the selection as a building block. The Gallery setting in the dialog determines what kind of building block it will be, and thus which gallery (if any) it will appear in. Good choices would be either AutoText or Quick Parts. When you insert the building block, you still will have to visit the Properties dialog of each option button and change the GroupName to make them a separate group.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 16, 2024 Views 1,636 Applies to: