QuickParts Not Updating

I have been successfully using QuickParts in templates that I am building for my company, up until yesterday.  Yesterday, I was reformatting header and footer fields where the quick parts are located in forms to comply with change requests.  I've been saving the changes in a Word document until I'm satisfied to save it as a Template. However, for some reason, no matter what I've attempted, when I enter changes to Document Properties in the Document Properties Panel, the QuickPart fields are not updating in my header and footer AFTER the save.  Here is what I've tried:

- Removed and re-inserted the QuickParts from both the Header & Footer Tools Design tab and Insert tab

- Rebuilt the document from a template that does work

- Opened a new document and rebuilt

- Saved another word document that DOES work as a template, re-opened a new document and rebuilt, attaching the word document to the template (through Developer tab, Document Template).

- Entered a QuickParts field into the body of the document

Is there something I might have "turned off" in the process of doing my changes that I can easily reactivate?  Was there a Windows update that somehow has affected QuickParts?  Was there something in my building out the header and footers with tables that prevents an update after the save?

I'm not a developer so I don't know much about codes?  Any help in layman's terms would be appreciated, as soon as practically possible, so that deadlines can be met. Thanks!!!

Answer
Answer
Thanks, Charles.  Tried the Ctrl+A (Select All), then F9 (Update Field} and still no update. Neither was there an update in print preview.  Here's how I got it to work.  I created a new document based on a template that worked. This time, however, I did not added a table in the footer. Rather I used the Blank Three Column Built-in footer and repurposed the text fields with document properties I wanted. Seems to be working.  I think all this started when I tried to do a three-column TABLE in the footer, with specific document properties embedded and with tables formatted to specific lengths.  No idea why that made any difference, but Word likes you to use its built-in footer styles, I guess. Thanks for you help.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 385 Applies to: