Problem with track changes in word 2010

Hi

In word when receiving a word document back where people/colleagues have registered their changes, I used to be able to press the track changes bottom in the menu at the top of the page. I am aware that I have to use the pull down menu to get the accept and go to next, however even tough that I do that, it does not do what you would expect it to do. Once it has accepted the first correction, words goes back to a normal page, it does not jump to the next correction so that you can accept/reject this. This means that I then have to go in again and click accept and go to next, however it does not go to the next correction, which means that somehow all the automatic moving to the next change it “broken”. In the old day I used to get a little panel on the screen where I could accept/reject and then jump to the next correction. But now it does not do this, though I have clicked on accept and go to next, the window does not come. I hope this explanation is a sufficiently clear for somebody to help me?

Thanks in advance

Answer
Answer
Accept and Move to Next should be the default when pressing (the top of) the Accept button, so something strange is going on with your document.

If you display the Reviewing pane, can you right-click changes (in the pane) and choose Accept from the right-click (context) menu?
Stefan Blom
Microsoft 365 Word MVP since 2005
Volunteer Moderator (Office)
MS 365, Win 11 Pro
~~~~
Please note that I do not work for Microsoft
MVP program info: https://mvp.microsoft.com/
~~~~

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 807 Applies to: