printing custom size envelopes

I want to print 5.75 X 8.75 envelopes.  I put in the return address and the delivery address but when I print the envelope only the delivery address shows up on the envelope.  
If you print the "envelope" to a regular sheet of paper, does the return address appear?  If so, comparing that with the actual envelope that you printed should give you an idea of how you need to adjust the position of the return address so that it appears on the envelope.
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

My problem is with the # 10 envelope when I use the Hallmark Deluxe 2014 Greeting Card Program.  When I try to print the envelope I get the error message that there is a paper mismatch.  It says that I am using the wrong size envelope.  I measured the envelope and the measurements match those shown in Hallmark for the # 10 envelope.  Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So, does this have anything to do with Word?  

The Hallmark Deluxe 2014 Greeting Card  software offers on-screen instructions that are relevant to where you are in the application. The software also includes a PDF user manual, a tutorial and a search tool. You can either scroll through the tutorials or manual for inspiration or use the search feature to quickly find a solution. Hallmark offers email and phone customer support, and the company's website includes a FAQs page as well as live chat support.

Hope this helps,
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I so have a problem with microsoft word which i have as part of microsoft office 2010.  I can't get the return address to print when I try to print a custom size envelope such as 5.75 X 8.75.  The delivery address prints but the return address doesn't print

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I  type the return address in the return address window and when I go to print the envelope the return address has not printed.  If I add it to the document it doesn't show up on the screen.  I am able to print  the #10 envelope just fine with the exception of the margin that seems built in.  I can't get the return address to go to the left edge of the envelope.  Thank you for all your help in this matter.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Word is hopeless with custom paper sizes. It uses the printer driver to format the document and if that driver does not accept the custom size, a standard size, which may or may not be close to the requested size, is substituted. If this standard size is larger than your requested size the return address may be 'printed' off the page.

You have two options. Either deliberately use a larger size and fix the positions of the addresses so that when printed they are in the correct place, or create a template to do the same. If you are using various envelope sizes then the template option is to be preferred as it makes changing simpler ... and you could use my envelope printer http://www.gmayor.com/Envelope_Label_Add_In.htm  for ease of envelope management :)

See http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm 

Graham Mayor (Microsoft Word MVP 2002-2019)
For more Word tips and downloads visit my web site
https://www.gmayor.com/Word_pages.htm

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Would like to try your add-in but don't know where the Word startup folder is located. Can you help?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In Windows Vista and Windows 7, 8 or 8.1, and 10, the default location for that folder is

C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

If you do not see the AppData folder: -

In Windows 7, - In Windows Explorer, click on the Organize drop down and then on Folder and search options and in the Folder Options dialog, go to the View tab and select the item "Show hidden files, folders, and drives".  While there, it is a good idea to uncheck the box for "Hide extensions for known file types".

In Windows 8,  8.1 or 10, in the File Explorer, click on Options on the View tab of the ribbon and then on the View tab in the dialog that appears and select the item "Show hidden files, folders, and drives".  While there, it is a good idea to uncheck the box for "Hide extensions for known file types".

Hope this helps,
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 18, 2024 Views 2,670 Applies to: