Pasting using enhanced meta file-Word 2010

Whenever I try to paste a Word table on another Word document using enhanced metafile, the image is missing many lines and details.i also used a Macro for pasting as a metafile ( not enhanced) with the same results.

The only way for me to paste a table and be able to resize it is to use the enhanced metafile options. All other paste options do not allow for resizing. The functions within the table tab do not really work for decreasing the size of a table overalI. I have same problem of not being able to resize the table inserting it as an object.

Does anybody know how I could improve the paste using the enhanced metafile ?  

Thanks in advance

Sheila

Enhanced Metafile is essentially a graphical representation of the table, and what you see is what it does.  If copying and pasting tables between two Word documents then why not simply copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the table (as a table)? Any differences in presentation will then be solely due to the margins in the two documents and the styles used to format them and the table remains a table.

If the new document revolves around the table, then create a new document using the original document with the table as a template. The new document will then be identical to the original, complete with styles and margins and you can replace the stuff that is not the table with the new associated text.

Graham Mayor (Microsoft Word MVP 2002-2019)
For more Word tips and downloads visit my web site
https://www.gmayor.com/Word_pages.htm

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 726 Applies to: