OPX file and Word 2010

All right, so I downloaded the organizational chart add-in for Office 2010. I created an organizational chart, and it saved as an OPX file type. I submitted it to my Professor, and she e-mailed me, saying she couldn't open it. I tried opening it, and it gives me gibberish. How do I insert this OPX file as an object into Word 2010?
Answer
Answer
Hello Patricia,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Office Community.

You cannot open the *.opx file from any Office application, however you may try the following steps to insert as an object and see if it helps:

1) Open Word > click on Insert > Object > Organization Chart Add-in for Microsoft Office Programs.

2) Click on File in Organization Chart Add-in for Microsoft Office Programs window >Open and select the saved *.opx file.

3) Press Ctrl + A to select all the chart content and Ctrl + C to copy the select it

4) Now click inside Word window and press Ctrl + V to paste the copied content and close the Organization Chart Add-in for Microsoft Office Programs window.

Note: *.opx files can be accessed only when it is inserted as an object in any Office applications.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

20 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 21, 2024 Views 8,575 Applies to: