OMG - All I want to find is the code for Bold in my linking code between Excel and Word.

I have been reading for hours on how to convert numbers, insert formulas and hyperlinks in my linking code between Excel and Word.  All I want to do is format the text Bold when the word document updates its link. We have been getting half-and-half merged cells for years in one particular section of our document.

I want to thank all of you out here, because I have used the more advanced coding to change number formats can do pretty amazing things.  But I simply cannot find any reference in switches, merge codes or field codes regarding bold text.  I have even seen articles entitled beyond, bold, italic & underline in field codes.

Thanks!

Signed  Desperately Frustrated:-)

Toggle on the display of field codes and add a \* charformat switch inside the closing }.  Then apply the desired formatting to the first letter of the field type (L of Link if that is the type that you have)
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your response. I read one of your responses earlier and I am very happy that you responded. Besides with the 1st name like yours you must be intelligent.

LINK Excel.SheetMacroEnabled.12"\\\\SERVER\\Documents\\Rubber.xlsm" "ProjectSet!R17C6\t\* charformat}

I wanted to make sure it was the L that was to be bolded and not the E and Excel?

In the posts and read earlier the coding was an embedded in a field and came after some preliminary coding. I am afraid I am not proficient enough to have followed the entire line to pick out what character was in need of modification.

I will thank you very much for your reply. It was literally driving me crazy! :-)

Thanks again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Try adding a space between the \t and \*  .  And add a space after charformat, just for readability ie:

C6\t \* charformat }

As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
so you’d think we’d be able to communicate quite well with people.
Prof. Doug Fisher

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 53 Applies to: