Office 'Word' missing from Start Menu, All Programs, Microsoft Office Folder

Microsoft Office Academic 2010

When I opened the Administrator account for the first time to add a desktop short cut for Word, I went to: Start Menu, All Programs, Microsoft Office Folder, everything was there as expected except no Office Word....

I know Office is installed because my two Admin/User accounts both have the file in the proper place in the start menu.

I can also right click on the Desktop of the Administrator account and pull up a copy of Office Word... it just isn't a shortcut.

I tried the following: Computer > C Drive > Program Files > Microsoft Office > Office 14 > (application) WINWORD (right click - send to desktop)

Note: Computer > C Drive > Program Files(x86), > Microsoft Office > Office 14 > (application) contains no 'WINWORD' file...

I could re-install/repair Office from the installation disc, or leave things as they are. I am wondering what the Sam heck is going on?

Answer
Answer

Hello McMillan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me assist you with Word issue.

Repairing Office suite does not require an installation disc.

Repairing Office would correct the issue with missing icons in the all programs list.

You may repair Office 2010 suite using the following link and check if the issue gets resolved.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/repair-or-remove-office-2010-HA010357402.aspx

I hope the above information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 14, 2022 Views 3,761 Applies to: