Odd Character in Text Form Field

Hello All,

I've created a form in Word 2010 and the text form fields show an upside down "T" (like a center tab stop) in them when I select the 'Fit Text" property. 
Unlike the small circles in 2007, this character both displays and prints when the field is empty.  When the same document is displayed on a computer with Word 2007, all looks normal - no inverted Ts and blank fields print normal - nothing in them.

I've posted the document and screen shots of what I'm seeing from both Word 2010 and 2007 here:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Office_Productivity/Office_Suites/MS_Office/Word/Q_27252283.html

Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bart

Answer
Answer
I ran into the same problem.  The upside down T is for "auto fit"  with in my case form fields of a table.  The way I resolved the matter is to unprotect the document, highlight the columns or row that the "auto fit" is attached to and right click.  Hit Table Properties- Cell tab--Options--Uncheck the "auto fit" box.  HIt Ok to get out of the cell properties box and then ok to get out of the table properties tab.  This should remove the "auto fit" properties in the cells.  Hope this helps.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 1,374 Applies to: