New custom bibliography style does not appear in bibliography style list

I am using Word 2010 with the latest service pack. I am trying to create a new bibliography style.  I have tried the process described on blogs.office.com whereby you create your own bibliography *.xsl file using another style file as a pattern.  I took the turabian.xsl file, for example, and made a copy of it named MYFILE.XSL.  In the new file, I replaced the only occurrence of "Turabian" with "MYFILE".  This is the only change I made, just to see if I could get the new style to show up in the bibliography style list.  Even with that as the only change, MYFILE does not show up in the bibliography styles list. 

I tried making the same change to the turabian.xsl file ("turabian"->"MYFILE") in an attempt to see if I could edit that file rather than adding a new style, but "Turabian"  disappeared completely from the bibligoraphy style list.

Other articles I have read seem to indicate that this process which was written for Word 2007 should work the same way for Word 2010.  (Of course, I am using the bibliography style files from word 2010 as the template.) Can anyone advise me what I am doing wrong, or does this not work in Word 2010?

Thanks!

Answer
Answer

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As per the description you want to create a new customized bibliography style using Word 2010.

Let me assist you with creating new bibliography style using Word 2010.

You may try the steps mentioned in the links below related to creating Bibliography using Word 2013 and check if it helps:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/create-a-bibliography-HA010368774.aspx

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-word/word-2010-citations-and-bibliography-apa-6th/4de34820-af52-4f92-9deb-a5630506501e

I hope this helps. If you need any further information related to this particular issue or any Office issue, you can always reply and I’ll be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 25, 2024 Views 2,309 Applies to: