multi level list creates unwanted anchor object

Eeek, my co-workers and I are having a problem with an existing Word 2010 document. Whenever we try to use the Roman numerals for the third level of a multi-level list, an anchor and frame appear and we're not able to get rid of them. Does anyone know what's happening and how to stop this? Thx

See the article "How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Microsoft Word document" on the following page of the Late Shauna Kelly's website:

http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numbering/OutlineNumbering.html

If you cannot overcome the issue by following those instructions, send me a copy of the document and I will investigate the issue.

You can decipher my email address from my signature or obtain it from my profile at:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/profile/5846a56b-3e92-46d7-b5bf-4f65922e1f56?sort=lastreplydate&dir=desc&tab=qna&forum=&filter=All&page=1&tm=1374543937262

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It sounds like whatever style is assigned to Outline Level 3 in the multilevel list (probably Heading 3) includes the frame as part of the style. The article that Doug cites will tell you how to interpret the Multilevel List dialog to find which style is involved.

Once you know the style's name, open the Styles pane with Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S. Right-click the style's name and click Modify. In the Modify Style dialog, click the "New documents based on this template" option; then click the Format button in the bottom left and click Frame. In the Frame dialog, click the Remove Frame button, then OK each dialog.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Doug,

Thanks so much for the quick reply, especially since it's just before Christmas. I'll pass on the info to my colleague and will let you know how it works. Happy Holidays.

J. PhuDdy Duddy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jay,

Thanks so much for the quick reply, especially this close to the Christmas break. I'll pass your advice on to my colleague and will let you know how it works out. Happy Holidays.

J. PhuDdy Duddy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 134 Applies to: