MS Word 2010. Excel table font changing.

I'm not fully sure how describe the issue, but will to the best of my ability.

We have a system here that, when editing a table in Word 2010 after any edit or leaving the table, it changes the font. The toolbar doesn't seem to show any change. It appears to bold and becomes near unreadable and seems to reduce a the gap between the characters.

I am just about out of ideas as to what is happening and how to repair this. We have other computers opening the file(s) with no issues. 

I've tried restoring the settings to default, running the fix-it tool to restore defaults, wiped the word entry in the registry as well as the entire Office key. I've also removed the templates in appdata. It just appears to be this one system, no matter the account. I have also uninstalled and re-installed the Office twice now. 

I've also checked for missing fonts and Everything is fine and no errors are there.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Hello Jerry,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me assist you with Word issue.

A few more details would help us to provide a better response.

Did you insert an Excel table in Word?

Do you find the same issue if you create a table in Word and use it?

Do you find this issue with a specific document?

Try creating a new document and check if it works as expected.

Step: 1

You may start Word application in its safe mode and check if it works as expected.

Press the Windows + R key on the keyboard.

In the Run window type Winword /safe and press enter.

Note:  there is a space between the word Winword and /

If Word works as expected in application safe mode, then disable the add-in(s) by following the steps below and verify the status.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/why-cant-i-start-my-office-2013-application-HA104011864.aspX

Step: 2

You may change the default printer to Microsoft XPS Document Writer and verify whether issue re-occurs.

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-is/windows7/change-your-default-printer

If the above steps fail, provide us the screen shot to check and help you better.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 531 Applies to: